- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Minced chives
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, mix hash browns, Parmesan cheese, egg whites and seasonings until blended. Divide potatoes among 18 well-greased muffin cups; press onto bottoms and up sides to form cups.
- Bake until edges are dark golden brown, 22-25 minutes. Carefully run a knife around sides of each cup. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to a serving platter. Meanwhile, heat pulled pork according to package directions.
- Sprinkle cheese into cups. Top with pork, sour cream and bacon; sprinkle with chives. Serve warm.
1 hash brown cup: 129 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Nested Pulled Pork Barbecue Potato Skins in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015